Recipe: Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
1kg Pork Belly scored by the butcher!
1 Fennel bulb
1-2 brown onions
1 bottle white wine<
Teaspoon Fennel seeds
2 teaspoons Salt
- Preheat oven to hottest setting
- Slice onion, fennel and apple and lay it in the bottom of a baking dish, drizzle olive oil and thyme leaves and toss together.
- Combine salt and fennel seeds in a mortar & Pestle
- Lay Pork belly on top of the onion mix and rub olive oil into the skin and then the salt and fennel seeds
- Put the pork into a hot oven for 20mins
- Add the bottle of wine to the bake dish and turn the heat down to 150 Celsius and cook for a further 3 hours
- Turn heat up on the grill setting to crackle the skin but keep a close eye as it can burn quickly!
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes on a board. Good tip is to remove crackle in one piece to carve the meat. Serve with the apple onion mix on the side.